This Perovskia atriplicifolia (Russian Sage) was rushed to the castle ER today for immediate propogation. The mother plant was leggy as hell, and in desperate need of a good chopping, I tried to make about 30 babies from 3 long branches. We’ll know in a few weeks if I managed to kill them all or save the Galeazza species. I’ve heard they’re easy, so I’m hoping I’ve heard the truth.
This looks quite a bit like a beautiful true sage I did manage to kill - Salvia leucantha. Not really my fault - the winters here are way too harsh for that plant, and it made it a few winters, but not the winter of 2009-2010 when the temperature dropped to 15 below zero (Celcius) for a few days. Bye bye Mexican Sage!